From the Lore BookEdit
The Dune Viper strikes with preternatural speed, then darts out of range. Some Arcanists speak of the mimetic quality of their craft and note that in order to animate their creations, they must draw inspiration from the fury they've experienced in the wider world. Perhaps that explains the tendency of every Dune Viper, upon awakening, to strike its creator.
An Ogre Golem from the Arcanum Gudanna. The Dune Viper is one of the fastest known Ogre Golems. It combines this speed with average survivability for golem of its size. It features two attacks - one melee and one ranged. While its ranged attack has relatively short range, the Dune Viper's melee attack grants a chance to move 1 square away when used. This allows for highly successful use of hit-and-run tactics in keeping with the Arcanum Gudanna's "raider" theme for its golems. Of all the currently known golems, this is the one most successful at guerilla warfare.
The Dune Viper is one of six golems included in the Base Game Set.
|Health: 75 HP||Armor Value: 8||Dodge Value: 12|
|Movement (Walk)||Cost: 1 AP||Distance: 3 MP (Nimble)|
|Spiked Volley||Cost: 2 AP||Accuracy: 75||Damage: 28||Range: 2|
|Slippery Strike||Cost: 1 AP||Accuracy: 75||Damage: 22||Range: Melee|
|If the Attack hits the Viper gets a free move to any adjacent region|
|Passive: Evasion||The Dune Viper gets 10 Dodge while in Regions with no Cover|
Recommended Pairings Edit
- Vidhis(5) - the Viper is constantly in motion, and can Slippery Strike out of melee and then get Vidhis' bonus on a follow-up Spiked Volley.
- Makriya Vil(10) - the Viper likes open ground, and Makriya increases your movement there.
- Sortha Bhima(5) - extra range while moving.
- Baylr's Dagger (20:G1) - the Viper is fast and often forward early, and reasonably hard to hit in open ground, so you should have time to neutralise a key enemy knight.
- The Deceiver (50) - can add to the Viper's already high Dodge.