From the Lore BookEdit
The lumbering Woodguard emits a magic that reinforces all nearby allies. The Woodguard are known as unstoppable walls of armor, and their relentless march forward is terrifying to all but the most resilient troops.
An Ogre Golem from the Zikia: The Khan's Pyre expansion. The lumbering Woodguard is the bruiser of the Zikia codex. He has excellent survivability for an Ogre with above average dodge and armor for a golem of this size. He has two strong melee attacks. The first is a straight forward bash of his opponent. The second ability is a disorienting blow that effectively increases the armor of allied golems, including the Woodguard, in the same region.
|Health: 85 HP||Armor Value: 10||Dodge Value: 8|
|Movement (Walk)||Cost: 1 AP||Distance: 3 MP|
|Protecting Pummel||Cost: 2 AP||Accuracy: 85||Damage: 20||Range: Melee|
|For 2 rounds, Woodguard and its allies in the region gain 5 Armor|
|Bash||Cost: 1 AP||Accuracy: 75||Damage: 35||Range: Melee|
|Passive: Protector||+5 Armor to all allied Golems in region, including this Golem|
Recommended Pairings Edit
- Raphsa Kanda (10:M) - the Woodguard is usually used defensively, to protect other assets; with Raphsa, he can push opponents out of his square, and make them burn AP to come back.
- Koza Sedha (5:M) - if you're planning on using the Woodguard to stay with something else and add Armour, why not add Dodge too?
- Saniyas the Inscrutable (20:D) - the Woodguard wants to stick to Medium cover, for the bonus damage on it's Predatory Strike; give the golems you're guarding bonus damage.
- Drengi ni Versas (15:M) - stay in Medium cover to strike every round.
- Sasyamarin (10:M) - stay in Medium cover to get bonus Accuracy.
- Tamisra Suhsin (5:G) - cheaper to stay in Medium cover.
- The Deceiver (50) - the curse and the blessing make the Woodguard - and whatever he is guarding - even harder to kill.
- The Rooted Road (15:Z1) - gets you to your Medium cover of choice.